Income tax returns


Dutch individual income tax returns

For information requests please feel free to call me:
Hester Witsenburg’s mobile telephone nr.: +31681476823

In the Netherlands you have to pay tax on your income. If you are in paid employment, your employer will already have deducted tax from your salary. In some cases, you may have paid too much tax on an annual basis. Certainly if there are also specific deductions. If you are a self-employed worker without employees, you can already request the tax authorities at the beginning of the year to impose a provisional tax assessment. In this way, you avoid having to pay the taxes due subsequently as a lump sum.

In principle, the Dutch Tax Authorities requires all taxable persons in the Netherlands to file a return. You will have to inform the Dutch Tax Authorities of your income in the past year before 1 April.

ExtraVedette Tax Return Services helps private persons and self-employed workers without employees to file their individual income tax returns. I am also pleased to be of service to private persons and self-employed workers without employees who immigrate to the Netherlands (expats).

Before I start preparing the income tax return, I send a tax questionnaire in which I request all kinds of things that are relevant. Based on this questionnaire and the requested documents, I then prepare the income tax return in the most favourable way possible for tax purposes.

Next, I send you the return with an accompanying letter by e-mail. In it, I inform you of specific issues and the expected tax debt or refund. The definite amount of income tax due is offset against any previous provisional assessments and income tax withheld during the year.

Income tax assessments

After the return has been filed with the tax authorities, a (new) assessment will follow. Taxes usually have to be paid within two months after the date of the assessment.

If you already expect to have tax refunded at the beginning of a year, for example because you have bought a house and can deduct mortgage interest, you can also have a monthly amount refunded by way of a provisional assessment.

If you expect that you will have to pay tax, for example because you have income on which no tax is levied, you can pay the tax periodically precisely in advance by way of a provisional assessment. In this way you avoid having to pay the tax and/or interest on underpaid tax as a lump sum at the end of the year. A provisional assessment is always based on a provisional calculation. A final assessment always follows later.

I would of course be pleased to assist you in filing provisional assessments, for example for the previous monthly tax refunds, or the (annual) tax reassessments.